Mar 7, 2007

#1 Best Seller of all Time

I searched high and low, at home and on the Internet, for the perfect book to start off the blog with. I was lost. Nothing seemed quite right. I didn't want something political, or fictional. I couldn't stand the thought of writing about a school book, but then I found it. Of course! There it was, sitting with all my favorites, the Bible.

What other book, I thought, has so much impact on what I do each day? The book was inspired by God, and some of the people who wrote it had seen him face to face. It is packed with action, intrigue, justice, and mercy. The ultimate battle between good and evil, and at the climax, the greatest sacrifice for love when Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world (John 3:16). So I decided to start off our list of great books with the greatest book, the Word of God.

Needless to say, this book is a huge aspect of my life. It has shaped everything I stand for. In an age where school teachers and philosophers teach about the "modern" man and tell us there is no difference between right and wrong, the Bible is a rock to cling to. It is, and will remain, at the top of our list.

Note: In the future I will be more descriptive in our book reviews but I personally didn't think I should summarize the Bible in a single post. We would probably need to create a separate blog for that purpose!

Buy the Holy Bible

Ted Bradley

No comments: